Fabric Flower Tutorial #2 – The Tight Lollypop Twist.

DSC00622 512x384 Fabric Flower Tutorial #2   The Tight Lollypop Twist.


Or at least that’s what I’m calling it.
I’ll do my BEST to explain this clearly, but don’t be scared if you don’t completely get it–it’s one of those things that you have to try first, and then you’re like “oh yeah, I was born to make these babies.”
First, start with your token strip of fabric. I think mine was an inch by the full 44 inches.
DSC00525 512x384 Fabric Flower Tutorial #2   The Tight Lollypop Twist.
Make a small bud by just rolling one end a few times. Once you have a little bud secure it by going through all thicknesses of your roll.
DSC00527 512x384 Fabric Flower Tutorial #2   The Tight Lollypop Twist.
Now here’s where you start twisting and securing. Over…and over….and over. You will wrap you fabric around, hold it down with your finger, and then flip it over (180 degrees like a pancake) to the opposite side. Then you hold it again with your finger, (you just made a twist) and…
DSC00529 512x384 Fabric Flower Tutorial #2   The Tight Lollypop Twist.
from the bottom of your flower you go up through the center of the twist,DSC00531 512x384 Fabric Flower Tutorial #2   The Tight Lollypop Twist.
and then back down–your needle going down almost right where it went up to make a tiny little stitch, down through to the bottom of the flower again (you just secured it). There’s is no science to this. REALLY, you are just twisting your fabric, back and forth, tacking and securing it as you go. DSC00532 512x384 Fabric Flower Tutorial #2   The Tight Lollypop Twist.
Keep truckin’ along until you achieve the size and fullness that you had hoped for. Here’s the finished beauty. I rolled mine pretty tight, and I think next time I’ll do it more loosely and see where that takes me. I’ll post a picture when I do.
DSC00622 512x384 Fabric Flower Tutorial #2   The Tight Lollypop Twist.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por comentar!!!