HOW TO MAKE LACE CROWNS


Last week I showed you an easy way to "glitterify."  Now I'm going to show you how to make the crown that all the glitter goes on!

I know, lace crowns have been all over Pinterest.  But none of the tutorials gave the nitty gritty details.  So I got my hands dirty, and I'm ready to spill what I learned.
Honestly, it was easier to make the crown than it was to get someone
to stay still long enough for pictures!

Materials Needed:
Lace
Fabric Stiffener
Round container
Plastic gloves (optional, but you really should use them.  Trust me.)

Share×Step one: Wrap the container you plan to use with plastic wrap or wax paper.  I used a small coffee can for newborn sized crowns, and the large one (pictured) for bigger kids.  If you don't wrap the can, you will get rust colored stains on the lace.

Step two: Cut the lace to the desired length.  15 inches works for newborn crowns.

Step three: pour some of the fabric stiffener into a shallow container. Rub the lace in it and squeeze out the excess.


Step four: wrap the lace around the container. Secure with a pin or clip.



Step five: once it's dried, peel the lace off the container. Glue the ends together.

Now you can embellish it!

You can paint the stiffened lace with crafter's paint, like I did with the blue crown.

INFO FROM: HERE

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por comentar!!!