Today we will be creating a small boutique bows using the figure 8 method.
These are 2.5" and oh so cute.
Let's gather supplies...
- A glue gun with glue sticks
- A measuring tool
- button thread and needle
- a lighter for heat sealing
- A lined alligator clip. CLICK HERE on how to line a clip
- 2" of 3/8" ribbon to wrap the bow
- (2) 20" pieces of 7/8" ribbon of your choosing. I am using ribbon from Trendy Owl today. You can find her information by CLICKING HERE.
- Line your clip. Cut your ribbon to 20" and heat seal ends.
- Find your center and crease
- Measure in 2" on each end. You can choose to either firmly crease so you can see your marks or simply use a pen as I am doing in this tutorial so you can easily see.
- Bring your first side in lining up your marks.
- Fold your other side in lining up your marks again. You will now see a pretty figure 8.
- Find the center of one side of your figure 8 and fold it in. Continue and fold in the other side directly on top.
- You may choose to place a pin to hold your center in place now.
- Push your ribbon through the front of the bow and do a running stitch, ending with your needle coming back through the front. You should have 4 stitches all together.
- Pull and wrap your thread around 3 times.
- Tie off your thread and trim excess.
- Trim your ends and heat seal. I like the angled look on these but you may prefer the V cut. Its up to you.
Any questions be sure to comment below or come visit us in the I Like Big Bows chat group! I would love to see you post your creations.